Yesterday I stayed inside most of the day.
I like my comfort and was not motivated to venture out into the bleak weather. I decided to experiment further with the flowers that were about to be thrown out, beginning with the companion to the one I had used the previous day. At least this one was still recognizably, a rose.
I went outside, briefly, and retrieved a small cluster of clover flowers but was not especially happy with it except as a technical exercise. I used extension tubes to allow me to get very close, and the bonus was the discovery of the tiny slug crawling across the left-most flower.
The bouquet about to be discarded offered another bloom that was in reasonable shape. I am no botanist, but I suspect it to be a Leucadendron or something related thereto.
I was intrigued by the structure at the centre of the flower and added additional tubes for extreme close up, and was pleased to see something I presume to be pollen in the little pockets near the base.
I shall try to be a bit more adventurous tomorrow.